Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chicken Carbonara


I needed to make dinner tonight...what to make...what do I have to work with? I had one large chicken breast, 6 strips of turkey bacon, onions, mozarella cheese, cream of chicken soup, garlic, butter, and a can of peas. There is a little more than that in the house, but not much. So, I created chicken carbonara. And, it is GOOD!!!!! The kids didn't like it too much....They did like the peas, but they always like the peas. :)


Here is what I did:
Cooked the chicken breast
browned the bacon, onion and garlic in a little butter
Added a can of cream of chicken soup and about 3/4 can of evaporated milk to the mixture.
Mixed in about 1 1/2 cup of mozarella cheese
Cut the chicken into small bite size pieces.
Mixed in the chicken
Added some black pepper
Warmed up a can of peas and added some carrots for the kids.

So easy and so yummy! Not exactly health food. You could make it pretty healthy though....organic cream of chicken soup, local chicken, organic peas, low-fat mozarella, etc.

I'll post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easy and sounds delicious! THanks!

Leigh Clementine said...

Thanks, Marine's Wife...If you try it, let me know what you thought about it.