Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gonna start gardening!

We tried this last year, and we did get zuchinni, one ear of corn, and tomatoes. We planted watermelon, carrots, and I don't remember what else. Needless to say, we over planted. My hubby and boys made a small garden in the back yard. It is a perfect size for us. So, this year, we aren't going to over plant. And, I think I'm going to grow the tomatoes in containers instead of in the ground. I am new to this, but I'm going to give it another try. I pulled out the weeds and cleaned out the garden last weekend. It is supposed to rain this weekend, but maybe we can get some things going. I know most of my "farmer" friends have already started seedlings in the house. Maybe we will do that this weekend. So, if all goes well, we will have some fresh veggies of our own!
Here is a great site that I found. This guy is very inspirational to us without a lot of space for gardening: http://www.urbanorganicgardener.com/

No comments: