Friday, December 2, 2011

Pot Roast with German-Style Gravy

I just made something so wonderful that I have to share!!!!

I cooked a London Broil in the crockpot like I always do:
place in crockpot, cover with water.
Press 1-2 garlic cloves onto the roast, place 4 bay leaves in the water
Salt and pepper to taste
Cook on high for 4-5 hours.

Well, I thought since I had some Spaeztle mix, I would add a German-Style Gravy. It is so flippin' good!

I mixed about 1 cup of the broth from the roast with cream of mushroom soup, added in a 1/2 Tbs of yellow mustard
probably about 1/2 Tbs of dill weed (I just love saying Dill Weed)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mixed it well....and voila!!!! Awesome German-Style Gravy for the Roast!

Next time I'll in some baby Portabella Mushrooms!

So, it smells like a German restaurant today! I love it!!!!!!

No comments: