Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Leftover Gourmet


Well....not exactly gourmet! But, I hate to waste leftovers. I have been known to make toast for the kids using left over hotdog buns or sandwiches for a picnic with leftover hamburger buns. Here is my recipe for using left over pasta. The kids love it, and I have to say, it is pretty darn good!

I had about 10 ounces of left over elbow macaroni from making hamburger mac the other night. I made a bit too much.

So, I used it today to make mac and cheese for the kids:

Left over cooked pasta (depending on how much will depend on how much of the following you will need).
For about 10 ounces of pasta:
4 slices of american cheese
2 Tbs butter or margarine
1/4 cup of milk
add all ingredients in a bowl, heat in microwave in 30 - 45 second intervals stirring in between until the consistency you want is reached....add more or less cheese or milk to get it how you like it!
YUM!!!! Going to eat some now!

No comments: