Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beans and Franks Casserole

To give credit where credit is due, I got the idea for this recipe from Rachael Ray's Franks and Beans Casserole. Here is the link: http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=595&r=178%2C445%2C623%2C524%2C432%2C323%2C449%2C595%2C719%2C710%2C589

I am lazy, and this made way too much. So, here is what I did:

In a saucepan, I sauteed 1/2 an onion in about 1 TBS of EVOO (Yeah...I know...Just goofing around!) I added 5 hotdogs cut up into small slices. I actually had some left over from yesterday's lunch.

After the onions and hotdogs were cooked, I added a small can of baked beans (mine happened to be Full Circle Baked Beans, Maple and Onion Flavor). I added to that about 2Tbs steak sauce (think A1) and about 1/4 cup of honey barbeque sauce.

I then poured the mixture into a pie plate.

The topping is a box of Jiffy corn bread mix prepared according to the box, mix in chili powder to taste and cheddar cheese.

Bake according to the package. It took it about 30 minute to cook, but I think it was because of the cheese.

No comments: